What’s Best for You?
So you’ve decided to check out what a physiotherapy treatment looks like, and what that could do for you. Before we begin with the basic fundamentals on how to prepare oneself for such a treatment, let’s look at the 5 most common types of physiotherapy treatments:
5 Most common Physiotherapy treatments:
- Manual techniques which includes myofascial release, joint mobilization, stretch and release techniques, neuromuscular facilitation, passive range of motion/stretching.
- Lymphatic drainage is a form of gentle massage that encourages the movement of lymph fluids around the body. This is the treatment required for cases like primary and secondary forms of lymphedema. When the enlargement of the extremity affects the daily function of the patient, the specialist request this type of treatment in conjunction with other forms of rehabilitation to reach patient’s goals.
- Post surgical rehabilitation is a very specific program that focuses on the return to your highest functional level.
- A Sports physiotherapy program is a comprehensive one on one treatment that involves manual therapy, exercises, acupuncture and education regarding use of brace, support or modification to improve play or return to play.
- Concussion rehabilitation consists of exercises and manual treatment to treat post concussion symptoms such as headaches, neck pain and stiffness, and improve sensorimotor control.
With all of these possibilities of treatment, how could you possibly choose? Ask your family physician and specialist what they recommend for your body! Physiotherapy has so many benefits for your prolonged health, it is certain you’ll find a method that works for you.
Share This Post
Book Your Appointment Today
We look forward to working with you
With over 25 years experience, Djoanna Del Rosario has helped thousands of patients with a wide range of physical challenges through initial assessments, treatment plans, and implementation.
Contact her today at 416-500-8384